Cannabidiol (CBD) has received a lot of attention through recent efforts to change our nation’s cannabis laws due to a growing body of evidence suggesting many health benefits. Many people use CBD in treating seizures and other neurological disorders, anxiety, depression, cancer and pain.*
CBD is a naturally-occurring constituent of both the industrial hemp plant and marijuana that engages our endocannabinoid system. CBD extracted from both plants are molecularly identical, but extractions of marijuana can contain illegal amounts of the psychoactive constituent Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) while industrial hemp extracts do not. The distinction is one reason why imported hemp products (fiber, seed, oil) under importation rules of the United States Department of Agriculture and United States Customs and Border Protections are legal in all 50 states. Additionally, there are no interstate commerce restrictions on the sale and consumption of these imported hemp products in the United States.
When the Agricultural Act of 2014 (U.S. Farm Bill) was enacted into law, it established state pilot programs with strict controls on U.S. hemp growers and producers including the varieties that can be grown, required background checks for growers, and coordination with state and federal authorities. The federal law also allowed states to enact statewide rules on products created from domestic hemp crops, including requirements for prescriptions and state commerce restrictions.
Half Hill Farm was Tennessee’s first organic farm to grow hemp under Tennessee’s hemp pilot program with the intent of creating quality CBD extracts for our customers. After the first year’s crop, our farm left the program because of limits on varieties we could grow at that time. Recent changes to Tennessee’s industrial hemp laws are moving in the right direction. One recent change removes hemp from state marijuana criminal codes by defining all products derived from domestic hemp that contain less than .3% of THC as “industrial hemp.” The new law also provides an exemption for possessing “non-viable” industrial hemp by non-license holders as long as the product is from a licensed source. We do look forward to more changes that will allow us to grow and process varieties so we can compete with imported products.
In order to serve our customers the highest quality hemp extracted CBD now without the restrictions associated with domestic crop production, we are proud to partner with Endoca, a leader in quality imported organic and GMP certified CBD & CBDa hemp extracts.
You can now purchase Endoca CBD oil drops and capsules in our retail store at the Arts Center of Cannon County. Each batch is third party lab-tested for concentration and certified organic compliance. Certificates and lab tests are available for review.
- (3%) 300mg Hemp Extract (300 drops – 1mg CBD per drop – $31)
- (3%) 300mg Raw Hemp Extract (300 drops – 1mg CBD + CBDa per drop – $31)
- (15%) 1500mg Hemp Extract (300 drops – 5mg CBD per drop – $150)
- (15%) 1500mg Raw Hemp Extract (300 drops – 5mg CBD + CBDa per drop – $150)
- (3%) 300mg Hemp Extract capsules (30 capsules – 10mg CBD per capsule – $31)
- (3%) 300mg Raw Hemp Extract capsules (30 capsules – 10mg CBD + CBDa per capsule – $31)
- 150mg CBD Chewing Gum (10 pieces / 15 mg CBD per gum – $14)
- 750mg CBD Hemp Salve (30ml – $59)
- 500mg CBD Suppositories (10 suppositories / 50mg CBD each – $49)
- 20mg CBD Hemp Lip Balm ($8)
Here is more information on CBD:
- CBD oil: Uses, health benefits, and risks – Medical News Today – April 29, 2017
- A Primer About Cannabidiol And The Benefits Of CBD – Huffington Post – March 2, 2017
- Experimental cannabidiol treatment reduces early pancreatic inflammation in type 1 diabetes – Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation – 2016
- Use of Cannabinoids for Spasticity and Pain Management in MS – Current Treatment Options in Neurology – Januray 2016
- Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis – European Journal of Pain – July 2016
- Social correlates of health status, quality of life, and mood states in patients treated with cannabidiol for epilepsy – Epilepsy & Behavior – February 2017
- Therapeutic effects of cannabinoids in animal models of seizures, epilepsy, epileptogenesis, and epilepsy-related neuroprotection – Epilepsy & Behavior – February 2017
- Cannabidiol regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders – British Journal of Pharmacology – March 2017
- Cannabidiol induces rapid-acting antidepressant-like effects and enhances cortical 5-HT/glutamate neurotransmission: role of 5-HT1A receptors – Neuropharmacology – April 2016
- Cannabidiol rather than Cannabis sativa extracts inhibit cell growth and induce apoptosis in cervical cancer cells – Complementary & Alternative Medicine – September 2016
- Cannabinoids for Symptom Management and Cancer Therapy: The Evidence – Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network – July 2016
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always consult with your physician before using new products. Half Hill Farm Inc does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act. All of the cannabinoids in products we offer, including CBD, are natural constituents of industrial hemp and hemp oil.