Half Hill Farm is dedicated to sustainable farm practices that reflect our deep commitment to being good stewards of our planet and our general well being.
In keeping with our mission, our organic Red Reishi Mushroom Dual Extracts are now made with USDA certified organic pharmaceutical grade (USP) alcohol. We use a hot water and alcohol extraction process with a 10 micron filtration and bottle at our Woodbury, TN farm in premium Miron ultra-violet glass bottles. Combined with our USDA certified organic Ganoderma lucidum mushrooms and distilled water, our extract provides a full spectrum of beneficial compounds as clean as nature intended.
Red Reishi mushrooms are known in ancient medicine as the “Mushroom of Immortality” used in a wide range of folk remedies. Recent studies find extracted polysaccharides, triterpenes and other compounds from this mushroom have significant anti-tumor, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties as well as the ability to reduce inflammation and modulate immune responses.
This powerful extract has a natural bitter taste that blends well with coffee or tea. We use a 10 micron filtration that keeps smaller spore and beneficial compounds that appear as suspended filaments in the bottled extract.
Many people prescribed long-term medications or antibiotics, or with chronic illnesses, use this extract in conjunction with or as an alternative to treatments. Often taken in tea or coffee, this extract is also used as natural remedies for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hypertension, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and conditions associated with: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease, Morgellons, Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, Mycoplasma, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and AIDS/HIV.
Here are links to some research on extracted compounds from Red Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) mushrooms:
- Reishi Mushroom (WebMD) uses, interactions, side effects and doseage
- Reishi mushroom cited effects - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) in cancer treatment - NIH
- Ganoderma lucidum: a potent pharmacological macrofungus - – Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology – December 2009
- Antitumor and anti-inflammatory activities of polysaccharides isolated from Ganoderma lucidum - Acta Pharmaceutica – September 2011
- Ganoderma lucidum stimulates NK cell cytotoxicity – Innate Immunity – April 2014
- Randomized clinical trial of an ethanol extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms - Asian Journal of Andrology – September 2008
- Ganoderma lucidum exerts anti-tumor effects on ovarian cancer cells – International Journal of Oncology – May 2011
DISCLAIMER: Please consult your physician before using any of our products for health purposes. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.